How To Recover Quickly After Laser Eye Surgery?
Laser eye surgery unlike other surgical procedures are normally almost a painless experience. You are awake and aware of what is going on during the procedure. The procedures itself normally takes only around 10 to 15 minutes.Â
Nevertheless there are still some simple do it yourself eye care treatment that you have to follow. Also there are some action that could be dangerous to your eyes that you have to avoid.
Here are 10 basic rules of what you should and should not do after the surgery.
1) First and foremost do not skip your follow up treatment with your eye doctor. Follow up appointment is very important to check up your eyes and make sure that the surgery was successful and also to detect if there is any negative side effects.
2) Use the medicated eyedrop that was prescribed by your eye doctor. Follow the direction as to how often and how long you should use them.
3) If your doctor prescribed you with medication such as antibiotic or anti inflammatory, do take them according to your doctors instructions.
4) Keep your hands away from your eyes. No excessive touching or rubbing. Use your eye drops to relief your eyes from itchiness.
5) When taking a bath make sure that no soap or water will enter your eyes. Avoid swimming or bath tub shower or any other activities that expose water to your eyes.
6) Plan to look like a secret service for some time. Always keep a pair of dark sunglasses with you. You may need it at any time when you are outdoor. Your eyes are still very sensitive to sunlight and you want to avoid your eyes from Ultra Violet Light exposure. Also keep your eyes from any bright light.
7) For ladies, try not to apply any facial makeup for some times. Chemical ingredients in your makeup could irritate skin around your eyes and may lead to eye infections.
8) Avoid any games or activities that require rough physical contact. Your eyes still need some time to be well adjusted.
9) Make sure to wear eye goggles when you go to sleep. Your eyes need to be protected from any unintentional harm or injury while sleeping.
10) Avoid watching television, doing work on the computer or reading during the first 24 hours after the surgery. Spend more time lying down relax and close your eyes.
Normally you could be back to work within one to three days after the surgery. Again it depends on the case by case basis, since every surgery is different so does every patients.
The above recommendations are the basic precautions that everyone should take after eye laser surgery in order to avoid any complications that might occur and also for fast recovery.