The Truth About Age And Skin Wrinkles
Aging skincare is a confusing issue for most of us. Rating skincare products calls for special knowledge most of us lack. With all the competing claims for hundreds of products, who knows what’s best for aging skincare?Â It doesn’t have to be so complicated, though. Consider the basics and things get much simpler.
Aging skincare products must counter the most important causes of aging, wrinkled skin.
The main cause of wrinkles is NOT aging.
The main cause is poor skin nutrition: it catches up with all of us eventually. This means nutrition inside and out — and poor nutrition becomes obvious with age. But with excellent aging skincare, the wrinkles and bags under the eyes are not necessary.
When rating skincare products, ignore the usual hype. See if the product addresses the true main causes of all skin wrinkles:
– Loss of natural collagen and elastin, the primary ingredients in healthy skin;
– reduced levels of hyaluronic acid, also called hyaluronan, which is vital to cell growth in the skin;
– oxidation from excessive free radicals in your skin.
Effective aging skincare requires ingredients to overcome all three issues.
Don’t overlook internal nutrition for aging skincare, either. Good nutrition calls for better eating habits than most of us have. If you’re a fast-food addict from way back, begin simply by adding a deep green salad or cooked vegetable several times a week. Fruit, especially berries like blueberries, strawberries and raspberries, are great, too; eat whichever you like best, if you know you need to change your food habits.
Good food supplements also help a lot: vitamins and Omega 3 fish oils are themselves good aging skincare.
Aging skincare products that you apply to your skin should nourish the skin 24 hours a day. A day cream and night cream are good basics.
Here are some ingredients to look for in aging skincare products that deal with the three critical causes of aging, wrinkled skin:
– To stimulate natural collagen and elastin, the primary builders of healthy skin, look for an ingredient called Cynergy TK. It contains a substance called “Functional Keratin,” which stimulates the regrowth of skin cells. Keratin is a critical protein in the skin and nails. The ability to convert natural keratin into a functional form that is readily available to the skin is a recent breakthrough.
Cynergy TK also stimulates natural production of collagen and elastin.
– To keep levels of hyaluronic acid high, a Japanese sea kelp called wakame is excellent. Wakame is rich in minerals essential to maintaining the skin’s moisture balance, keeping skin firm and healthy, and B vitamins that reduce inflammation. Wakame also inhibits the activity of hyaluronidase, an enzyme that breaks down hyaluronic acid in the skin.
– Coenzyme Q10, a superb antioxident. Look for Coenzyme Q10 in “nano-emulsion” form, for better penetration into the skin. It is extremely effective at destroying free radicals in your skin and overcoming the excessive oxidation that leads to wrinkles.
– Natural Vitamin E is a wonderful antioxidant that complements Coenzyme Q10
When rating skincare products for the best aging skincare, these are ideal ingredients to look for.
Kathryn Lane is a health and nutrition researcher. She says the most valuable and effective products she finds are rarely the most expensive or the most advertised. Check out her website: http://www.health-and-skin-site.com/Rating: